Join the Team
Working for the Adventure Academy CIC, means that you get to join a fun, professional and vibrant team consisting of instructors for a wide variety of backgrounds. We offer the opportunity to develop your skills as you work alongside experienced instructors. We also provide induction training for all staff and opportunities to attend CPD courses and experiences. In addition to this, you’ll gain experience of working alongside, managing and developing volunteers.
Associate Instructor (Freelance)
We are looking to expand our team of associate instructors (freelance). The majority of our work is with Duke of Edinburgh’s Award Expedition groups or youth/school groups.
We are looking for individuals who;
- Hold an appropriate outdoor leadership qualification (such as Summer Mountain Leader, UKCC Coach level 2 or mountain bike leader).
- Hold the minimum of a two-day outdoor first aid qualification (for example QNUK, BASP, or REC).
- Have attended a certificated safeguarding or child protection course within the last 3 years.
- Be a member of the PVG Scheme, and in addition be willing to obtain a scheme update.
- You should have your own insurance and be self-employed.
- Experience working with young people and adults.
- A professional approach to work.
- Be empathetic, and approachable.
- Have a good knowledge of the Duke of Edinburgh’s Award and in addition have attended the DofE Expedition Supervisors Training Course.