- This event has passed.
ITC Outdoor First Aid 12th – 13th April 2021 (Pinkston/Glasgow)
April 12, 2021 @ 9:00 am – April 13, 2021 @ 6:00 pm
Course: ITC Certificate in Outdoor First Aid at SCQF Level 6
Duration: 2 days (16 hours)
Course Times: 9.00am-6.00pm, both days.
Location: Outdoor Classroom, Pinkston Watersports
While we are operating during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have changed to the way that we deliver our outdoor first aid qualifications. These changes are in line with the Scottish Government’s Advice, and also our Awarding Body, ITC First.
This course will make use of an indoor classroom throughout the day. We will still spend approximately 70% of the course outdoors, and the remaining 30% in the classroom. The use of a face mask while indoors is mandatory.
We have created clear, socially distanced areas within the classroom for each learner to work. These areas are numbered, and each learner is designated an area. At the current time, there will be no more than four learners on each course. Each learner will receive a box containing all the equipment that they require, and a mannikin to use throughout the course.
Our COVID-19 joining instructions provide more information on these adaptations.
What do I need to bring?
You should arrive with clothing suitable for being in the outdoors. You will spend the entire course outdoors. We recommend that you bring the following:
- Waterproof Jacket
- Waterproof Trousers
- Fleece or Soft Shell
- Insulated Jacket
- Sun cream (we can hope!)
If you are driving, we would recommend leaving spare clothing in your vehicle. You’ll need to bring your lunch, but we will provide tea and coffee.
Who will my trainer be?
Our courses are all delivered by outdoor professionals who work across the outdoor industry. Your trainer will hold an advanced outdoor first aid certificate and education qualifications. In addition to this, our trainers are active in the outdoor industry; meaning that they have lots of real-life experience dealing with first aid incidents.
Is the course accredited?
Yes, it is! Our two-day outdoor first aid course is accredited by ITC First and is valid for three years. The course is accredited by SQA Accreditation and is SCQF level 6. It is suitable for all outdoor enthusiasts and those who require a first aid qualification for a National Governing Body Award or even an employer. Our previous customers have included mountain leaders, kayak/canoe coaches, forest school leaders and Duke of Edinburgh award supervisors.
What will I learn?
You will learn lots over the two days, including the basic protocols for examining and managing a casualty in a first aid situation. You’ll also learn how to look after an unconscious casualty who is breathing, and if they are not breathing, now to perform CPR. You’ll also learn how to insulate a casualty from the cold to stop them from becoming hypothermic, and what to pack in your first aid kit.
How do I get to Pinkston Paddlesports?
Driving: Accessed from junction 16 of the M8.
Public Transport: Pinkston Paddlesports is a short walk from Cowcaddens Underground